Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay offers a variety of accomodations and services for guests with special needs. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with RIDER REQUIRMENTS and Guests with Disabilities guidelines before visiting the park.
Attraction Boarding Pass
- Guests who are unable to stand in line due to an Autism Spectrum Disorder or mobility restriction may request an Attraction Boarding Pass at Guest Services located at the front gate. Boarding passes accommodate up to a party of four (4).
- Once you receive an Attraction Boarding Pass, you may take it to the exit of any accessible attraction. Six (6) of our rides - Lightning Run, T3, Thunder Run, Cyclos, Strom Chaser and Eye of the Storm - require an assigned ride time . Guest Services will assign the first ride time if desired. Ride times for these attractions may also be assigned by the ride operator at any of the six (6) designated rides. Only one (1) ride time is assigned at a time.
- Once at the exit, hold up your boarding pass and wait for the ride operator to instruct you how to load the ride.
- Do not enter the ride area until instructed to do so.
Please Note: Wheelchair users are not required to obtain an attraction boarding pass, but may do so if they wish.
You may enter via the exit of any ride designated as accessible or transferable . Review our Rider Guidelines for specific ride information. The ride operator will accommodate up to a party of four (4). Do not enter the ride area until instructed to do so.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay welcomes all guests. Team members are available at Guest Services to answer any specific questions you may have. When planning your visit to the park, please be aware of the following sensory stimuli:
- Loud noises such as music, crowd noise and ride sounds
- Lights of a variety of colors and brightness
- Movement of crowds and attractions
- Large crowds congregating in queue lines and midways
Please Note: If you need to take a moment in a quiet resting space, the Health Services building near Bella Musica Carousel has a quiet room available for up to two members of your party during the operating day. We ask that you limit your visit to 30 minutes to help accommodate other guests who may also want to use this facility. Reference park map for location.
All dining areas, indoor and outdoor, are accessible for all guests. Reference park map for available dining options.
Guests with Food Allergies
We offer a variety of foods and snacks for purchase throughout the park. Reference menus and nutritional guide for your convenience. If you or a member of your party has special dietary needs that require you to bring specific food items into the park, notify a Public Safety Officer at the front gate.
Gender Neutral Accommodations
Restrooms, showers and changing rooms are available for all guests. Guests who prefer to use a gender neutral or family restroom may use individual restrooms located near the picnic pavilions, Health Services behind Big Surf wave pool or Health Services near Bella Musica Carousel. Gender neutral/family shower areas are available near the Family Wave Lagoon and at the lighthouse located near Big Surf. Gender neutral/family changing rooms are located near Big Surf beach.
Medical Equipment on Rides
Casts and Braces - You should not ride our attractions if you have a neck, back or bone condition. Guests with a cast or brace will not be allowed to ride if the cast or brace does not fit properly in the ride vehicle, presents a hazard to other guests, or will not allow proper rider posture.
Prosthetic Devices - Guests with a prosthesis of any kind must ensure the device is properly worn, secured and will remain in place during the attraction cycle. The prosthesis must fit so that it does not become dislodged or stuck in any area of the ride or vehicle. Please reference the RIDER GUIDELINES for information regarding prosthetics permitted on specific attractions.
Glasses should be secured with a sports strap while riding.
Nursing moms are welcome to breast feed anywhere at the park. We also offer air-conditioned accommodations at our three (3) Health Services locations, equipped with privacy bays and electrical outlets for pumps. Reference PARK MAP for more information.