Guests with Disabilities
Electronic Convenience Vehicles and wheelchairs are available to rent at Wheels 4 Rent located near the front gate on a first-come, first-served basis. Riders should look for the wheelchair and transfer symbols at each ride to determine if the attraction is suitable for them.
Guests in a wheelchair may use the designated crosswalk located between the Enterprise and the 5-D Cinema Store.
Casts and Braces
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay welcomes all guests. Team members are available at Guest Services to answer any specific questions you may have.
When planning your visit to the park, please be aware of the following sensory stimuli:
- Loud noises such as music, crowd noise and ride sounds
- Lights of a variety of color and brightness
- Movement of crowds and attractions
- Large crowds congregating in queue lines and midways
If you need to take a moment in a quiet resting space, the Health Services building in the Carousel Courtyard is available for two members of your party during the operating day.
Attraction Boarding Pass
- Guests who are unable to stand in line due to an Autism Spectrum Disorder or mobility restriction may request an Attraction Boarding Pass at Guest Services located at the front gate. Boarding passes will accommodate up to a party of four (4).
- Once you receive an Attraction Boarding Pass, you may take it to the exit of any accessible attraction. Five (5) of our rides – Lightning Run, T3, Thunder Run, Cyclos and Storm Chaser – require an assigned ride time in order to ride. Guest Services will assign the first ride time if desired. Ride times for these attractions may also be assigned by the ride operator at any of the five (5) designated rides. Only one (1) ride time is assigned at a time.
- Once at the exit, hold up your boarding pass and wait for the ride operator to instruct you how to load the ride.
- Do not enter the ride area until instructed to do so.
Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay encourages our guests to RIDE SMART! The following resources are provided at each attraction to enhance your ride experience:
- Height and Weight Requirements
- Attraction Rating
- Rider Posture
- Rider Positioning
- Posted Ride Rules
- Audible Instruction
Rider requirements, including height, weight and posture, are set by the ride manufacturer and state law. Our operators and lifeguards will enforce these requirements; we suggest that you become familiar with them before riding.
All riders must properly use restraint systems. Riders with a larger frame, guests with certain disabilities, and those who have casts or braces may not safely fit into the restraint system and so are not permitted to ride. Riders are not allowed to tamper with or disable a restraint system.
Kentucky Kingdom Thrill Ratings
Riders will experience slow speeds, low heights and gentle motions.
Riders will experience moderate speeds and heights with some unanticipated changes in direction.
Riders will experience high speeds and extreme heights with sudden and intense changes in direction.
Hurricane Bay Thrill Ratings
Low speed and/or shallow water attractions. Passive water fun for supervised toddlers and youngsters and those who just want to get wet and relax.
Moderate thrill rides and/or water depth to 48”. For inexperienced riders, beginner swimmers, and supervised children. Some rider control and maneuvering required. Not recommended for toddlers.
Aggressive ride action requiring rider control and/or strong swimming skills. Deep water may be encountered. Physical activity may be strenuous. Not recommended for anyone with any kind of health or medical limitation.
Rider Requirement Symbols
Indicates the requirement of a supervising companion who meets all rider requirements, is at least 14 years old and able to make sure child follows safety instructions. To ride with a supervising companion, the rider must be able to brace to maintain seated position and must remain seated at all times with back against seat, facing forward with feet in front.
Indicates minimum height to ride alone.
Rider must be able to maintain proper riding position lying on back, feet first with legs crossed at the ankles with either: hands behind head or neck with fingers locked, arms hugging ears, and elbows pointing towards the front OR arms crossed over chest with hands on opposite shoulders.
You should not ride if you: have neck back or bone injury; have heart trouble or high blood pressure; are pregnant; have had recent surgery or a pre-existing illness.
|Bella Musica||Over 250 ride in gondola|
|Eye of the Storm|
|Frightfully Funny Fire Engine|
|Mile High Falls|
|Prof. John’s Flying Machines|
|Raging Rapids River Ride|
|Big Foot Trucks|
|Pounce & Bounce|
|Samba Balloon Ride|
|Sun & Moon|
|Up Up and Away|
+ Two legs, natural or prosthetic, one full natural arm
++ Two full natural legs, one full natural arm
|Buccaneer Beach||All children must be accompanied by an adult.|
|Deep Water Dive|
|Family Wave Lagoon||*|